Wednesday, March 10, 2010

talking to a snickers and self control

So I am trying to do this 1200 calories a day thing. It is supposed to be just a healthier way of eatting and a way for me too lose the 10 to 15 lbs that I have been wanting off. My start weight was 140 lbs my goal is 125 so that when I go on the cruise I have a little extra room for gaining in my clothes LOL! Well I have lost 3 lbs since last friday when I started and I am very excited but today I am having a bit of a struggle : ( I sooooo really want a candy bar and chicken nuggets. I ended up eatting 2 nuggets that Casey didn't eat at lunch and then made a hot dog (which is really high in calories by the way who knew?) and now having remorse about it. Guess the soup I was gonna make for tonight will go uneatten by me but we do have an extra person eatting with us tonight so she can have my portion.

The other day I did so much better about fighting the cravings. I had put the kids to bed and was doing the dishes when I totally heard a snickers calling me from the pantry. Seriously I mean it was yelling at me to come eat it. Well I pulled the snickers out and put it on the counter and continued doing the dishes while telling the snickers (yep out loud) that I was NOT going to eat it. I kept telling it this but it wouldn't listen to me it kept insisting that I eat it sooo...I did the only thing I could think of to shut it up. I opened it up and took a bite, which I am gonna say it was the head of the snickers because it stopped talking to me after that, and I threw the rest away. I think I totally won that battle : )

Today not going as well but I am still in my range of calorie intake and I will have a salad with my yummy fat free Ceaser salad dressing on it and say the kitchen is closed. I love this diet mostly because if I do go over my calories for a day I can just work out to burn the calories that I over ate and then I am good!

Tonight I am going to start my Couch to 5K in  6 weeks again because I only did week one last time because of a crazy schedule and getting sick. No excuses this time I am gonna be able to run 3 miles by the summer!!!!! Wish me luck and pray for me because I am trying to use self control and rely on God for it instead of turning to food when I am sad, happy, upset or just bored. I have heard a total of 3 sermons on self control and I am thinking God is trying to tell me something so I better listen!!!

1 comment:

Jhenna said...

I know you can do anything you put your mind to Haley! I wish I could get back in the loop of working out! I might be calling on your for moral support soon!