Tuesday, March 23, 2010

being a mom isn't always easy but always rewarded

The last few nights Casey has thrown up sometime int he middle of the night. She never really wakes up I guess because we have yet to hear her when she does this and she just goes back to bed so I didn't discover she was sick till the morning. What a fun surprise I know. Well she was really okay all day long so we didn't know what was going on. I called Dr. Wilson and asked him about it and he said right now kids are dropping like flys with a stomach bug going around. Most kids were sick up to 30 times a day so we should be thankful that Casey was doing better than that. He also told us that Caden would probably get it because it is super contagious (oh joy)

Well last night at midnight it came with vengence into our little boys body. He has thrown up a total of 10 times (it was 9 when I started this post)  since that time and he is so sick looking. He didn't get a lot of sleep because of this but he is such a trooper. I was praying each time it would be the last but God said no to that but He did give me little breaks Caden and I were able to sleep for an hour at one point! Also was blessed with some very funny moments like this ... "Mommy do alligators swim in mud?"...now the question itself isn't that funny but picture a 3 year old throwing up in a bowl and taking the time to ask the question in the midst of it and it is pretty histarical to me. LOL

So even though it hasn't been an easy night and probably won't be an easy day I am so glad God has given me this time and that I know he is in charge.

I am feeling a little sick myself at the moment so the post ends now : ) Oh please pray that this is out of our house by friday so my wonderful hubby and I can go on our trip. If it has to be cancelled it was meant to be but I really want to go!!!!

1 comment:

Jhenna said...

Awe Haley! Caden is so sweet! Praying for your whole family! Love ya :)