Thursday, March 18, 2010

cookin' with a 2 and 3 year old

My mom gave my kids the Paula Deen's My First Cookbook for Christmas this year. We haven't used it yet till today : ) Caden and Casey made Porcupine Balls for dinner tonight. They got to get all the measuring cups and spoons and ingredients out and put them on the counter. Then I read the instructions and they then put all the stuff together and got to mix it with thier hands. They really loved it like I knew they would and now they just can't wait for dinner! It is so much fun to get to watch them get excited about cooking I always cooked with my mom and it was some of my favorite memories.

Cooking with my kids is actually nothing new my mom has been putting them up on the counter at her house and has them help her all the time with her dinner since they could sit up! and Caden for the last couple days has been making the scrambled eggs in the morning (with just a little help from me of course) and has been doing a great job! This morning actually he even added a dash of salt by himself...which was more like a pouring LOL but his daddy ate them without complaint I was so impressed. Casey prefers to make desserts or mashed potatoes so she can lick the spoons and bowl.

I just can't wait to see their love of cooking grow <3

1 comment:

Jhenna said...

That is so precious! You can send them over to my house anytime :)