Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monday

Yesterday was Monday and it was a GREAT day. We didn't really do anything terribly special or crazy. My mom came over in the morning and asked what I had planned on doing for the day. My plans were...clean the bathrooms,kitchen, floors, take kids to the Dr., laundry, and bible study at night. She decided we needed to go to Belk instead : ) When she called to tell my Grandma that we were going shopping my Grandma decided she really wanted to go too (my Grandma has alzhimers so I will confess my mom and I were thinking it would have been easier if it was just us and the kids). We picked her up and headed to Belk.

We had such a great time!!! Grandma was having a great day and she really just enjoyed the kids so much. We all tried different stuff on and just had fun looking at all the stuff in the store. After shopping we went out to lunch at Red Robin and had a fabulous lunch. (yea my diet was shot yesterday but actually looked up the nutritonal value of everything and I didn't do too horribly) In all the day was amazing and I am so thankful my Grandma came because even if she isn't going to remember this forever I know that I will and I know that my kids had a wonderful day with their Great Grandma. So I am so thankful God allowed us that great simple day together and I am looking forward to more like them. This taught me a lesson of realizing that easier isn't always the way to go.

I did end up getting everything done that I needed to except my floors and I had a great time of learning and discussion at bible study. I LOVE MONDAYS LOL

1 comment:

Jhenna said...

Sounds like a perfect day and a wonderful lesson. I just learned something from it! And it sounds like you were at the GCTC and only 5 mins from my house :)