Thursday, March 25, 2010

I am not good at waiting

Okay like the name of this says I am not any good at waiting. That is what I have been doing since yesterday morning. Belle our wonderful family dog bit Casey yesterday. I was thankfully right there so she only got her arm and only left a little scratch because i was able to got between them right away but now i totally can't trust my dog with my kids. Casey wasn't doing anything to the dog by the way so I know that Belle was not provoked at all. Casey was just reading a book about a foot or so away from Belle and never even looked at the dog. We had noticed that Belle was starting to get a little snippy when it came to Casey for the last couple of weeks but we were working with Casey because we thought she might be provoking the poor thing. We were wrong turns out that Belle (who was abused before we got her) is trying to gain status in the pack. She had shown dominance over Bandit about 2 months ago and now Bandit won't even come in to our house because of her. So I guess she decided Casey was the next one to try to take down. It isn't a real common problem but more common with abused dogs. I am so upset because I LOVE Belle she is really smart and so fun but my kids come first and I can't chance this happening again and me not be here so she has to go.

So about the waiting... well I got Belle from Brookes Legacy and they told me that I needed to sign a paper saying I would give the dog back to them if anything didn't work out so I contacted them all day yesterday...and today....still waiting to hear back meanwhile I have a dog that can't be out of her kennel when the kids are up. It isn't fair to her or us. So I am done waiting. I gave the shelter till 3 to contact me with any information even if it was just that they were looking for a place for her but if they can't do that then I am taking her to the pound. I know I really don't want to do that either but like I said I can't let this go on. I am asking everyone to pray that this place gets back to me so that I don't have to take a dog to the pound a place i really don't like.

I have 1 hours and 15 minutes left....I hate waiting!!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Deering said...

Oh that sucks! Our dog experience didn't go well either, but we were lazy... so that was our fault.

I hope it's not too hard on the kids.

Unknown said...

I think it was more hard on me the kids just are upset because they want a new dog. Caden doesn't understand why we can't just bring home another one. I on the other hand cried the whole way too drop off Belle and then cried while filling out paper work and cried all the way home so much that Casey when I got home actually wiped my face and was like it's okay mommy.

Jhenna said...

Oh Haley, I'm so sorry! I am glad that they finally got back with you and I am glad that you were able to return her to them and not the pound! I am glad that you don't have to worry about the kids anymore. I know this will pass and your Casey is so sweet (Just like her mama :)