Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dogless

Well we are no a no dog family. I am pretty upset about this and have had just about the worst day ever! I cried a lot and the kids are already asking for a new dog. We have decided to wait till we get back from our cruise this summer to consider looking for a new puppy. We are gonna do a bunch of research in the mean time to find breeds that are great with kids and try to find maybe free puppies or something like that. We have definetly decided that we are going puppy this time instead of just young dog. I know that some dogs just have dominance issues but most of the research I have done says that if you get a dog as a puppy when you have children they will continue to know their place in the pack and not question it since they will be smaller than the kids from the beginning. Caden will be 4 in June and Casey turns 3 in September so I think this is a good idea. I want them to have pets and love animals and I certainly don't want Casey ever to be afraid of dogs because of Belle so we decided that waiting too long would not be good.

So it is pretty sad I keep thinking I need to let the dog out and play with her so she sleeps well tonight only to realize hey I don't hae a dog anymore : (  I also refilled the empty dog water bowl when I was fixing dinner then realized I didn't need to do that either. Joe said at least I will sleep past 5 tomorrow morning but then he said "No you won't you will wake up thinking you need to take her out" LOL he knows me way too well. See to me she was like another baby so I never minded getting up with her when we were house training her and when she started sleeping through the night till 5am I was as excited as when the kids did it for the first time. She just was part of the family. I know there is  a dog out there for our family we just have to find it.

In the mean time Joe is getting the kids a turtle and we are gonna look into getting them some hermit crabs too : ) Also hoping to get some goats later this year because the kids are at the ages when they need to learn responsiblity and what better way than having to take care of their animals! It was how heidi and I learned. We always had lots of animals outside and inside that we took care of (with the help of mom of course).