Saturday, March 6, 2010

Quick Catch Up

So it has been a really long time and a lot has happened but I am not going to go through it all. I will just start at the most recent activities...

We with to Dallas last week for my niece's 3rd birthday! Joe unfortunatly couldn't come and neither could my dad because of work so it was just Mom and me off with the kids. It was a 22 hour drive from Naples to Dallas. I know what ya'll are thinking "Crazy people with 2 kids under 4" but really it was awesome! Caden is doing so well right now it is like he is all grown up. He listened and actually seemed to enjoy the drive for the most part I will say he was very ready to get out after the trip back home. Casey slept when she was tired and sang and talked when she was awake so it was really quite pleasant.

We left on Wednesday night at 10p.m. and drove through the night so the kids would be asleep for the most part getting there. I slept a little or tried to anyway because I wasn't feeling well and my mom drank Red Bull and of course drove the whole way because she just can't give up that control LOL it is a joke in our family. We stopped in Alexandria, LA around 1:30 p.m. on Thursday and stayed at a great hotel with the nicest maid ever! She made sure the pull out couch and everything had sheets on it for the kids and she was very helpful. Now I have friends that live in LA so they know a little better than I do the good things about that state...but I really don't have any desire to be there. The people other than the maid, were pretty cranky and tended to be on the scary side and the food actually kinda stunk. So Louisanna I will not be living there if I have my way. We slept in the next morning a little and headed to Dallas. We got in around 12:30 and Mom went to pick up Anna from daycare.

I just have to say that my niece is sooooo adorable. Seriously she is. She is gonna be a star one day I just know it. She thrives in the spotlight and I know she will be singing with her Mom in church in just a few years. Heidi bought her a microphone the sunday we were up there and while Heidi practiced with the church band Anna sang and danced.

We got to hear Dave preach (mom had already heard him before but I hadn't) he is really an amazing pastor. I loved t sermon on self control and he did a great job presenting it.

We went shopping a little and went out for food a lot. It was a very fun trip especially going to IKEA I love that place! Heidi was sick so she was not near as active this time but we still did a lot and it was very very fun.

I will post pics soon. The ride home was really great too we didn't leave at night we took a full 2 days to drive it and the kids were great again. We are all happy to be home in our own beds though since Casey now has a cough and fever.

No comments: