Monday, April 5, 2010

avoiding housework

Yep I am avoiding the cleaning that is staring me in the face right now. So I will fill you in on the last week or so : )

Joe and I had a fabulous time at Disney it really was amazing. We stayed at this wonderful hotel that is more of a vacation condo place. It was only 89 a night from Travelocity! It had it's own kitchen and all so we decided to save money we would just make our meals which turned out to save us a TON of money. We only ate at Disney the first day because we hadn't gone shopping yet and we split a meal. That was our most expensive meal : ) We had saved our gift cards for the Cheesecake Factory and we were able to eat there twice (and even got cheesecake both times) without any out of pocket!

We went to all the parks it was great. Since it was Spring Break all the parks were a little more busy but they also stayed open till midnight or sometimes 3a.m. so we would sleep in (which for me was just like 7:30 cause I am so used to waking up with kids it was weird to sleep longer) then we would make breakfast and get ready to go to a park we would stay till around 2 or so go back to the hotel make lunch and take a NAP! (yep I got a nap it was amazing and wonderful) We would then take our time getting up and would look up which park was staying open the latest and then either make dinner or go to the park first. We made a point of going on all the rides that are not kid friendly since I haven't been on those in about 4 years now (except for splash mountain when I went with the wonderful Deering clan). We avoided the ones I always go on with the kids because the lines for those were amazingly long and since I know we will take the kids again soon we decided they weren't as important.

Joe's favorite ride was Everest Expedition at Animal Kingdom and I have to say it is an awesome right I think we went on it a total of 4 or 5 times because we liked it so much. My favorite has always been Tower of Terror but I only made Joe go on it once cause he really isn't a fan of the whole waiting to fall thing LOL Joe has also already decided we are going to have to plan another anniversary trip for our 10 year one and he is starting now : )
\
The kids had a great time with my parents and Caden has decided that he needs to spend the week at Grandmas much more often since they did so many fun adventurous things.

Okay I can't put off the cleaning anymore I will have to do another post later

3 comments:

Jhenna said...

I am so glad you and Joe had such a wonderful time! You guys deserved such a wonderful trip! I miss you and hope we can get together for that beach day soon :) Oh and I am the master at avoiding housework! LOL!

Unknown said...

LOL! Hey are you coming tonight to sarahs? Can't wait to see you guys again maybe we can go to the beach or something real soon. We could go in the afternoon and bring dinner or something on a saturday so Joe could come too or if you guys prefer mornings we could do that too but it would just be me and the kids : )

Jhenna said...

No, not tonight. I wish I was. I will be there next week though. We would def like to go on a Saturday evening that way Joe can come too :) Sounds like a bunch of fun, plus we get to plan what we will have for dinner and prepare it! Pinic's are always so much fun :) Let me know what dates work for you guys.