Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Embracing Florida Weather

I have lived in Naples, FL my whole life (I know you didn't think people like my existed but we do!) but I have always HATED the heat. It is a horrible cycle that happens every year...

Spring is here and it is really summer
Summer comes and it is basically like someone put us all in a oven and turned it to 600
Fall comes and it is just more heat no changing of the leaves no sweaters just plain HOT!
Winter....well we get to wear a light sweater then boom we get some very enjoyable freezing (at least to us FL people) weather which is bliss!  but typically I complain during this whole thing because it doesn't last long enough and I know the heat is just around the corner.

I have planned on leaving this horrid heat for some time now but have now come to the reality that frankly it ain't gonna be happening anytime soon! So I have decided to live like a true Florida girl this year. I fully enjoyed the cold weather this winter it was amazing!! Now Spring has sprung and the heat is coming in quickly. I am actually enjoying this too for the first time since probably I was about 8 and I got some great summer clothes for my birthday (which is in Feb.) and I couldn't wait to wear them when it got warmer.

I got a new swimsuit for my birthday this year and nice cover up and I am wearing them very often now I have a nice base tan going on and my children are working on becoming little brown berries (don't worry I put lots of sunscreen on them). My parents got a sprinker for the backyard hose for them to play in and we have been outside every day since it has warmed up. We have already gone to the beach and I am planning on going at least twice a week as long as weather premits. I must say I am looking forward to becoming an outside girl and living up to being a true Florida Girl.

Now I have hit a small snag in my new found attitude towards Florida outdoors...that would be my little 2 year old daughter. She isn't a fan of the great outdoors at all really and frankly doesn't like the feel of sand on her feet she says "it is dirty!" she wants nothing to do with the ocean because "it is cold" and the pool well she would rather float on a raft or sit sunning herself on a chair or towel....oh and did I mention the sprinkler isn't her thing either because it is cold and then grass sticks to her feet. She does greatly enjoy reading though so today I discovered that if she brings books to the pool she doesn't complain as quickly so I guess we will be bringing books outside to all our adventures LOL

Caden (my 3 year old) has always enjoyed living in florida and lives each day to the extreme making sure to get as wet as possible.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hayley! It was great to hear from you on my blog - I love that there are more people out there who succommbed to the powers of Twilight :) I look forward to reading your blog as well!