Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bored

It's a Sunday afternoon and we are at home watching Bambi at the moment (well Caden is sitting at the table eatting an orange). Sundays are usually pretty busy with church in the morning then lunch, naps, and swimming, yardwork or some project but today it is raining! Church was awesome a very good service on why God allows suffering to mold us and so we can grow closer to him. Caden of course wanted to go to a resturant for lunch (because when Grandma and Grandpa let him ride home in their car they take him out to eat first) and so Joe said we could pick up McDonalds and Subway which was a total treat! Then home we went and the kids went down for their naps...and my being bored began.

Typically I am tired and nap when the kids do especially on a rainy afternoon but today I just wasn't in the mood to sleep. I decided to get on the treadmill instead and when I was completely worn out from that did some stretching and weights to kill some more time. I had sent a text to some friends to find out what they were doing and they said we could come over but they were having a big party with their family so Joe wasn't into that. The kids got up and played and I sat and stewed because I was sooooo bored! So I decided to make bean bags for the kids which took all of 10 minutes but still it was fun. They love them by the way and were having a blast playing with them after I made them : )

Joe made us some green smoothies and we played Hungry Hungry Hippos, an all time favorite game of mine, for a while. The kids have painted and I have just about exhausted the internet trying to find fun stuff to do. I found some very fun Mothers day card ideas so I am excited about that. I am not sure what else we are gonna do today and I am still bored.

I find this really weird as I typically am not bored but I so wanted to mow the lawn and swim today and have popcicles by the pool I think I am more disappointed than bored...maybe. And now I have probably totally bored ya'll by typing out my boredom LOL

now aren't you glad I have this blog to bore you with? : )

No comments: