Monday, May 30, 2011

Trying to keep a 4 yr old down??

You can't!  Caden's coughing attacks get much worse when he is up running around. Plus he then looks like death because he doesn't feel well and ends up just sitting down where ever he is trying to recoup. So logically I have been trying to keep him from being up and about. We have watched movies (my mom even let him watch the Magic School Bus movies he wasn't supposed to have yet) that worked for a bit till he felt he was well enough to go outside. So I got out his cars and dinosaurs. This worked again till he decided he really should be outside. Then another movie, more floor play, games, movies, and so on. I need to point out that Joe is home this weekend and has to work on Father's Day gifts so he is outside in the tool shed. Caden usually is out there with him. This means that in between all my fun ideas to keep my son from not feeling horrible and coughing till he can't breath Caden was getting quite annoyed with me.

It was a little hilarious actually. He would ask to go outside and I would tell him No that he can't be around the saw dust and the heat right now. He would then proceed to try to play some thing inside and would end up running circles around the table or get Bug to join him in a game that was too rough for him right now. It would end with him coughing and having to lay down of course. Poor kid just really isn't used to sitting for long periods of time at the house.

No comments: