Saturday, May 14, 2011

busy weekend ahead!

We have a busy weekend ahead of us! Well mostly just Casey Bug and I do but that makes everyone else's weekend crazy too.

It started Thursday with Bug's first Dress Rehearsal for her performance that is this Sunday. It was during her normal class time to get the kids comfortable in their costumes and used to dancing in front of an audience. I had mom and Caden come with us because Bug was so excited to show off. All the girls are so cute in the dance it is precious and Caden just loves watching!! I think he is just as excited about seeing her "Big Show" as she is being in it.

Before we went to that class though Caden got to pick out a pair of boots (his very first pair of real cowboy boots) because they are his birthday gift from Grandma and Grandpa. Let me tell you just how excited he is about this...he hasn't taken them off since Thursday in the store. I have convinced him to take them off for sleeping but he sleeps with them right beside his bed and then slips his feet back into them before coming out of his room. :)  I love it!

Today is Saturday and that means that I am taking Bug to her first On Stage Dress Rehearsal. I have to have her there at 1:30 for her to practice one dance then she has to be back on the stage again at 3:15 to practice another one. (this is going to be a very long day) I have tried to get her to take a nap but that isn't going very well. I have manged to get her to eat even though she is beyond excited so that is good. Mom and Daddy are watching Caden so he won't be horribly bored durning this entire time which I am very thankful for. Poor little guy I am sure would get burned out pretty quick of sitting watching little girls dance then have to go and see it again tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the big day this will be her very first show so I am bringing the video camera because you know there is a 50/50 chance of there being a complete meltdown on the stage or her just standing there waving. I am figuring on the second one because that is what she does when I come in and watch the class. She knows the dance remarkably well and actually didn't miss any steps at all the time I came in before this last time and she had a giant smile on her face but this last time when Grandma and Caden came with she was more interested in smiling and waving and making sure they were watching her LOL

Either way it should be very fun!! Oh and did I mention that she has an upper respiratory infection and I have a doozy of a cough and cold too? So tears may happen if she doesn't get a nap tomorrow so please pray she gets some rest so she can just enjoy.

Right now my lil' cowboy is singing at the top of his lungs while riding his horse wearing his boots and cowboy hat. He just cracks me up!!!

No comments: