Thursday, November 10, 2011

Out My Kitchen Window

The kids have been greatly enjoying the outside as of late. It's like they have discovered this new world and they must be out there in it at all times. I have to admit part of it is me. Joe and I were really cautious about letting them be outside without us so there playtime outdoors was limited to only when Mommy or Daddy felt like it. I grew up in this yard but Joe didn't so we decided to wait for them to explore the outdoors solo till they were older (well as old as 5 and 4 is). Joe still isn't super comfy with it but it has been awesome I have to say. I open the kitchen window and tell the kids to go have a good time but stay where I can hear and see them. I can do the dishes, make dinner, and fold laundry all while watching my amazing kiddos have the time of their lives out my kitchen window.

That is the whole reason I wanted that window there. Sure it kinda needed to be there because of the way the house is made but when we were talking about building I was insistent on having a kitchen window where I could see the backyard. It is so much fun!!

Yesterday I went out to hangout with them after getting the kitchen all clean and was texting my sister in Texas while she was having to do that whole 3 hour glucose test (she is fine by the way test came back good) and I was telling her Caden was hanging from the top of the swing set just like I used to do and then Bug climbed up on the slide and started singing into the pipe that is the top of the swing set (we do not have a fancy swing set we have the old fashioned kind) just like Heidi used too! It was so funny I just was dying. It was just like being sent back to when we were that age and we were the ones running around the same backyard having the time of our lives.

It made me really thankful for the great childhood I had. My parents were amazing we didn't have lots of money but they made sure we had moments just like these memories and we were beyond loved.  I am so glad that my kids are getting to enjoy some of the same joys. I pray they know they are as loved. God has blessed us beyond belief. Who would have thought so much joy could come from looking out the kitchen window.

No comments: