Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Fishing Man

Caden has been asking to go fishing for a while now and since the weather has turned cooler my mom and I decided to take him. Before it was just too hot for me mostly because Bug has no intention of ever fishing and she has NO intention of touching a worm or shrimp and she has NO intention of sweating. Since I am the one that has to deal with the little princess while my mom gets to enjoy the boy and fish and I really didn't want to miss his fishing experience we waiting till I thought she wouldn't complain about sweating.

I have to point out that this pattern of one child enjoying fishing while the other has a strong aversion to it runs in the family.

As it turns out it was a PERFECT morning!!! Caden didn't catch anything but he had quite a few bites which was just as exciting as him actually catching a fish in his opinion. He was cute as could be with his fishing pole and the look of anticipation on his face. We got to see a bald eagle fly over us with a fish in his clutches. This excited both kids as it is Grandpas favorite bird and as a result Caden's too. I have to say God really blessed the trip it was beautiful out and we had a shady spot it was a little breezy too! Bug actually ended up having just as good of a time as everyone else pretending that the dirt, shells and sticks were food and cooking tools and she was making her own cooking show.  I didn't get to fish because I didn't buy my license yet but next time I will definitely be fishing too!!!

Here are a few pictures




No comments: