Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hunt for School Items

Caden starts kindergarten in August. I am starting his schooling the same week Joe goes back to work for the public school just so that we have a starting point. We are doing Classical Conversations so I had to pay a fee for the 28 class days Caden and I will attend (which are awesome and I will post on that a lot this year) then the book that we make some of our weekly plans out of. I also need to get him a tin whistle and veritsa press history timeline cards. We are going to do Saxon Math too. Caden is really excited and can't wait for his "school" to start. I am pretty excited too except for the money we are paying. This is when I became a fan of searching for deals!!

The Foundations book is 50.00 bought new. I really didn't want to spend that so I started looking on e-bay and they didn't have any listed for cheaper than that so I put my need on Facebook. That is when my friend told me I should ask if there were any moms that weren't doing Foundations this year that did it prior and if they would sell me their book for cheaper. What a great idea except I am immensely shy and don't like to call people I don't know asking for things. I bit the bullet though and asked our coordinator and she gave me two names to call. God is so good!! One of the ladies told me I could just have the book! It is missing a page in cycle two but I won't need that page for 2 years so I don't care at all.

The tin whistle is only 10.00 I don't mind paying that.

The Veritas Press cards are the big ticket item. They are 100.00 for the whole 5 sets (which covers from Creation to Present Day History) I have become slightly addicted to e-bay because of this. I check everyday and am amazed at the people paying MORE than the retail price for USED cards. I mean come on people use your head. I have been outbid on every one I bid on because I refuse to pay more than 80,00. I am sure I will succeed though and it has been kinda fun trying.

Walmart is my friend too. They have terrific school supply sales right now! Caden got to pick out a lunch box and pencil carrier along with folders and scissors. We got some other things too and of course I didn't leave Bug out she is doing preschool with us after all.

Bug is very excited about it too I mean I did some with her last year but because she is going to be 4 soon she is sure she will be a great little learner.

I think it is going to be a great school year : )

No comments: