Thursday, September 2, 2010

The fun stuff of the day

Today was Casey's first Ballet lesson (which fit in perfectly with our Letter of the Week by the way since we are on B) She has been looking forward to this for some months now and today was a day of excitement since she knew all day long that it was today. Her poor day didn't start out so hot for her because she told me last night at the dinner table that she didn't want the food I had fixed for dinner and she would rather go to bed than eat it...so we put her to bed and she had it for breakfast this morning instead. I know that might sound mean but frankly she has this control issue thing about food and I refuse to cook something different just because my 2 (almost 3) year old says she doesn't like it. She actually loves the food I cooked she usually eats it quickly and asks for seconds but last night she pushed it across the table and said "I not gonna eat it" Taking the advice that our parents and Dr. have given us (not to mention just some plain common sense) we stuck to our guns and to bed she went. So anyway she ate it this morning after a little pouting and me not allowing her up from the table till she finished it because I knew she had to be hungry. I would also like to point out that once she put some in her mouth she ate it and told me "This is yummy mommy!" No kidding! I told you that last night when I put some in your mouth to get you to eat some remember?? LOL So after she was happily eating the food she wouldn't touch the night before we moved on to school. The kids love the letter B and are having a great time with it.

Caden has enjoyed learning a lot and he really likes the animal part of it. This week we were going to learn about Buffalo but our library was out of their books on them so we moved to beavers. There is a lot to know about those little guys! Our Bible story is John the Baptist and Caden I think loves the fact that he at locusts more than anything while Casey is impressed that he knew Jesus. Beethoven is the composer of the week and I found some tid bits about him but he was a little depressing in all honesty. I am having trouble finding the music to go with the composers I don't own any of the classical music ( I know bad of me) so if anyone has some with composers that have music done but composers with names starting in C - G that would wouldn't mind letting me borrow please let me know? .

On to Casey's class...we walk in and there is another little girl there at the same time getting her slippers on and Casey walks up to her and says "You will be my friend!" and the little girl says "Yes! I am your friend!" so there you go best friends made instantly. Casey did much later find out that her friends name is Kate and they hugged and held hands the whole time they waited for class to start. They were also joined by another little girl who asked if she could be there friend and her name is Dylan and they welcomed her instantly too. You gotta love kids they really are amazing they don't care at all about being shy most of the time you just have to be nice to them and they will be you friend right away. Casey loved her class and can't wait to go back next week. She did inform me that she was the only one there without a tutu on her leo but I have no idea where the moms got leos with attached tutus because separate tutus aren't allowed and I am not paying more than the 10.00 I paid for her leo I got from Target. the amount the class cost and the shoes cost just about sent Joe into a stroke so again if anyone knows of discount sites let me know :) It has been a very fun day and it isn't even over yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Haley! My first instinct was to tell you that I can easily (and very cheaply) make a tutu for you but then you said it has to be attached so I did a quick google search and found this: http://www.internetdepartmentstore.com/Child-Cute-Pink-Parfait-Ballerina-Leotard/M/B003NMZYJO.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

maybe that will help! :)

Jhenna said...

I was just thinking that I have been getting quite crafty lately. I am not that good but with a few tries and alot of tutorials I could probably make a tutu and then attach it to Casey's Leo. I could even buy one and practice on it that way her's would be perfect. That is if you want.
On a side note Casy is completely adorable! I am so happy that the schooling is going so well! Your such a great mom and teacher Haley!