Friday, August 27, 2010

Baby Shower Bug

So today was an awesome day! I had a fabulous morning with the kids. We just had a laid back morning playing and cleaning. I was waiting on a phone call from a friend telling me that they now knew that it was a bouncing boy or a sweet baby girl in her ever growing tummy. The kids were very excited about this phone call to but more than find out about the baby they were just excited because it meant they got to go out with one of their favorite people after the phone call. So she called (well texted cause she was at the doctors office and she had to let a lot of people know!) and so off we went to Target.

We got there early so we killed time on the toy aisle which is always fun and with the Bug's birthday next month I enjoyed watching which toys she was enjoying the most. It really amazes me how many toys from when I was little have come back now but with a "new" look. Rainbow Bright has even come back and of course my all time favorite My Little Pony! Bug is a big fan of all of them honestly I don't think she has a favorite. Caden LOVES the dinosaurs and cars that they now have and OH MY GOODNESS they have come out with dinosaur cars! He was about to have a heart attack. It was so funny LOL Anyway they were really good and only asked if they could have things a couple times and didn't even pout when I told them no. : ) My favorite part was when Casey found the display of Twlight figures and picked up the Edward doll and goes "Mommy! It's Daddy!!" I laughed so hard.

My friend found us playing on the toy aisle and then we went in search of boy baby things which was a whole lotta fun! I am so excited about this baby it isn't even funny. The kids absolutely had a great time and were thrilled they got to go out to Burger King with her too. 

So now I am planning a baby shower for a little boy (with her mom and my mom's help) and I am thinking of going with the nautical theme because that is what the baby's room is gonna be done in and my friend loves the beach and the dad loves to sale so I figure that should be perfect and I have now found so many great ideas that I might be a little addicted to the internet baby shower search sites : /   I called Heidi and she think on it too and see if she can come up with any ideas and I have a pretty good idea for invitations already that I can make...

If anyone has any ideas for surf/beach/sailboat theme baby shower stuff please pass them my way I have 2 months to put it together so really 1 month before invites need to go out YIKES

4 comments:

Sareece said...

Ooo nautical theme can be so much fun! I saw a SUPER cute temporary mobile made from old large embroidery hoops, where paper shapes were hung from strings around it. So planning on doing it for a friend's shower soon... They were shown hanging over a cake/refreshment table. Good luck shower planning! :)

Cintia Listenbee said...

just saying hello!!!

Jhenna said...

fill empty baby food jars with sand and mini shells and top with a tea lite

For a baby shower centerpiece idea, take a large plastic boat and fill it with baby goodies like booties, pacifiers, onesies, toys, etc.

For favors, wrap packages of Life Savers in blue paper and attach a cute tag to it saying: Ahoy! It's A Boy!

You could have a bowl of blue punch on the table with little plastic boats floating around on top :)

Also a cute nautical diaper cake would be nice. With little boats and star fish on it!

Maybe make salior hats for all the guest to wear? That could be cute?

I love babies so much! I am so excited for both of them!

Unknown said...

such awesome ideas!!!! Thanks so much guys that really helps me out and I am having so much fun with it :)