Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just one of those days

Today was just one of those days...

I should have known right way that something was gonna be off when my adorably sunny little Bug that usually gets out of bed every morning with a huge smile and a "Good morning Mommy!! Where is Daddy??" the instant she sees me, greeted me this morning with no smile and just a "is it morning yet?" When Joe said "Good morning Casey!" she just looked at him. Yep that was the mood we had today. Caden was in a good mood he just plain didn't want to listen. He was in his "I am 4 and I can correct my sister and do big kid things without asking first" mood. Gotta love that. My grandparents came over for a bit and Caden pretended to be a cat and then Casey decided it would be fun to sit on him or squish him the whole time so that was great fun. My papa and honey are great though so they don't mind at all they thought they were funny. Oh and then later while I cleaned the litter box the kids decided they would take the trash out and truly did take it out! ALL THE WAY OUT!!! Locked themselves outside Thankfully I was listening to them talking in the other room so when it went quiet I knew to go instantly so I got to the garage right as Caden shut the door but still what if I hadn't been??

We have started the Letter of The Week with Caden and of course Casey because even though she is still only 2 she is in the house and wants to be included in the schooling process. I knew Caden was going to love it but I really though Casey wasn't. She usually fights me on all the learning things I do with her but AMAZINGLY she is actually loving everything as much as Caden and doing super with it. We of course are only on the letter A and only on day 3 so it's still new and they love new things but I am enjoying it too.

Part of the school day is a bible story that has the letter of the week in it. This week is Adam and Eve. We read the story on Monday. Tuesday they re-read the story while they colored a picture of Adam and Eve in the garden. Today though was super fun. We acted out the whole thing! Caden got to be Adam, Casey was Eve and I got to be God, the snake and the angel with the fire sword that is placed at the gate. The kids loved it!!!! Casey only had one minor problem...she flat out REFUSED to "eat" the "bad fruit" when it came to that part. It was actually hilarious. Her eyes got all big and I said "Casey this is when Eve ate the fruit remember" and she started to back away from the block (which is what we were pretending was the fruit) and shaking her head. I kept asking her to take it, actually probably much like the serpant from the garden, and she kept getting more and more insistant that she couldn't do it. Finally I just asked "Casey Bug why won't you just pretend to eat the fruit?" and she says "Mommy! God says not too!!!" LOL I ended up putting the block in her hand and telling her we would just pretend she ate it and then moved on to Caden's part because he was getting rather impatient at this point and he ate the "fruit" with no problem.

So in all at the end of day 3 of our first year of homeschooling Caden now can now tell you that an antelope can be found in Africa, Asia  and North America and what it eats, what and Albotross is, recognize the word apple, alligator, and animal (pretty much he surprised me with that by the way we were reading and he pointed those out to me in the book! we had been doing site word flash cards earlier so I guess they work) and what sound an A says.

Casey...knows that and A says aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and what and A looks like LOL she also can give you the facts on the animals we studied too if she feels like it but she probably won't feel like it so I wouldn't bother asking her if I were you. Oh and she knows Eve ate the "bad fruit" but that God still loved her anyway

It was a long day I am tired pray for me with the schooling that it keeps going good. I am doing it this year for preschool just more for fun than for anything else. Next year is when we will actually start for real and I will have to register with the state and everything and make sure everything gets documented. I am documenting everything now for fun because I am weird like that and because I want to make sure when I do need to do it for real I won't panic at all because I will already know how to do it.

1 comment:

Jhenna said...

Oh Haley! They are so precious! I am glad you are having so much fun with preschool and that things are going well for both of them! I am praying for you with all of this! I know you are and will continue to do a fantastic job!
Love you and I hope your sweet Casey Bug woke up on the right side of the bed today!