Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

So it's been a long time since I posted anything but we've been busy. We have been getting ready for the holidays and having a very good time while doing it.



This year Thanksgiving was with Joe's family so we celebrating with my family the weekend before we left for MD. Joe had to work in the morning so Caden, Casey and I helped my parents put up the outside Christmas lights. The kids had a blast watching their grandparents work and the weather was amazing perfect to be outside in. I made the turkey and Mom made everything else. I think I got the better end of the deal : )



We left for Joe's Uncle Scott's home in Silver Springs, MD the Wed. before Thanksgiving and it was a rough go. Caden was horribly sick starting by throwing up all over my moms car on the way to the airport and then continuing to get sick while at the airport. If we could have rescheduled our trip we definetly would have but since we couldn't we went anyway. That was probably a mistake since Caden was sick the whole time and then Casey got sick and now I am sick and so is our niece Ellie. But we did have a very nice time with the family up there and we were really glad we got to see them. Hopefully sometime we will get to see them without anyone being sick!



Caden was feeling a little better on Saturday so we took him and Casey to the Childrens Museum in Baltimore. Joe's brother Tony and his wife Christine and their daughter Ellie went with us and it was really a great time. The kids had such a blast and I really hope we can go back as they get older.



Here are some pictures of the trip and our holiday. Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/HaleyShumway/Thanksgiving#5276377483198413506

No comments: