Sunday, December 7, 2008

Decorating for Christmas and sickness

So I am a firm believer that it's not truely a Christmas Tree if it isn't a real good smelling, needle dropping, sap filled tree. Well yesterday we were supposed to go and get our tree but Joe is really sick so when he got back from work he really wasn't up for it. He said we could go after he got some rest but since I had the same thing all this past week I knew that wouldn't happen. Thankfully my mom had purchased a $40 christmas tree from Target recently for the outside patio but hadn't put it up yet so I asked her if I could borrow it this year. Caden and I put it together and decorated it so that when Joe got up from resting it would be all done. I think he was surprised I went with a fake tree seeing as I HATE them so much but I figure Joe's health was more important this year.

It's not really so bad it's just a little too perfect and has no smell so I will have to get a candle or something. Though it is very pretty I think my Christmas spirit is a little dim because of it. This will definetly be the first and ONLY year of a fake tree in my house. I got the rest of the house all decorated and it looks really nice I think. The kids are loving it and having a ton of fun playing with all the christmas bears I have collected over the years.

I will post some pictures soon as I can. Only 18 days till CHRISTMAS!! Yippie!!

No comments: