Tuesday, April 17, 2012

lets try again

Okay so I kinda stink at keeping up with the whole blog thing. Oh well!!! Let's try again.

Last time I posted it was after my Birthday and it was about going to visit my amazing sister and her family. This time it is about her visiting us! YAY!!! I love when they come to Florida. We had a great time. My kids were beyond excited to see Anna and Brielle (ok mostly Anna since she is the same age as them but Brielle was able to play more this time too). It was filled with swimming, food, games and of course shopping!

Heidi is going to her bro-in-laws wedding soon and wanted the perfect dress. This means she had an idea in her head of what it would look like and we needed to try on lots of stuff till she found the one that spoke to her. I have been shopping with her like this since we were kids so I was ready. What was the most fun though is that our girls have both been watching a lot of Say Yes to The Dress and have become fashion critics. We let them pick out dresses for both of us and then they gave their fashion opinion. They are adorable and sassy to say the least. In the end Heidi found 2 gorgeous dresses that look AMAZING on her and I got 2 also :)  I think my favorite part was that Heidi and I have very different taste but we both ended up with the same dress. It's ok though since she lives in TX and I am here no worries of showing up matching.

Joe and Dave bought a new Wii game at the beginning of the visit...Tiger Woods Golf. Need I say anymore as to where they were during our shopping experience and the rest of the visit? It was good for Joe as he has been working crazy hours still. He was able to unwind and really enjoyed their visit.

Then the stomach flu hit. It was ugly and miserable and it knocked everyone down but Joe, Dad, Brielle and Livi. At one point there were 6  of us down on the same day with it. The good thing though is that God was really good and Heidi, Dave and Anna were better the day they had to drive home. We were all praying hard on that one because it is a very long drive.

It was a bummer though because Anna wasn't able to have her Ball so I guess we will be having a Christmas Ball when they come down again.

The other fun thing is that Caden finished Kindergarten <3 Classical Conversations came to an end at pretty much the same time as he finished he Math K book and other Kindergarten books. We are moving on to 1st grade soon as his new workbooks get here. I was beyond excited last night at the book sale because I got all his new books for only 27.00 and then just had to order the workbooks for 2 of them. Seeing as how even one of the new books I got him would have been around 90.00 each bought online I pretty much did a happy dance. Best part is that everything I got Bug can do with him since she finished the Kindergarten Math book too and I can work the other things to her level. YAY for used books!!!!

Well hopefully I will do better at keeping this updated now. We shall see!

No comments: