Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st!

25 Days till Christmas!!!!

When the kids got up this morning (well really it was a bit after they got up since they usually sit on the couch chatting and wait for Joe and I to finish getting ready in the a.m.) I asked them if they knew what today was and Caden smart boy that he is knew it was the day we start moving the jingle bell! We have a hanging count down to Christmas that he has been eyeing for a while now and he knows that he gets to move the jingle bell one space each night before he goes to bed starting Dec. 1st. He also was very excited to say that today was the day that he goes to Grandma's to open the first advent calendar door and get candy out and put the first piece on the Nativity scene. Casey Bug is very excited about that too and wanted to go right then but chickens had to be fed first of course.

I have all the presents that we have gotten wrapped and put under the tree already which a big deal because usually I don't have anything yet and am freaking out a little. I still need to get my nieces and nephews some presents but I know what I am getting them so that is good it could mean that I am gonna get my in-laws their box before Christmas!!! We have been working very hard to stay in budget this year and we are doing homemade gifts for the adults that Joe is making I think they are fabulous he of course finds faults in them because he is way too hard on himself. I know everyone is going to love them because he is doing what he loves and giving them to the people he loves. Now staying in the budget doesn't mean these are cheap because they weren't but I took on a babysitting job to help pay for Christmas this year and God is soooooo good it paid for the presents so we only had to pay a little over what I made!!! Which was awesome since I just realized I need to pay for Casey's ballet recital costume by the 6th so that means I have to pay it tomorrow when I take her to class LOL good thing I looked at the date!

Oh on a different note I made pumpkin waffles with apple cider syrup...YUMMY!!!!! I am addicted Caden is too. Joe and Bug really like them too but Caden LOVES them he keeps asking for them :)

No comments: