Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas 08

Christmas is my favorite holiday and one of the main reason (aside from the whole reason we celebrate which is Jesus) is that everyother year the whole family gets together. This year was that year!! My sister, Heidi, and her family can down and the best part of that was Heidi and Anna stayed for a whole extra week! Aunt Janet, Uncle Larry and Ty came down for a whole week and that made my little boy so happy since Ty is his hero.

We kicked it off with our annual gingerbread party the Sunday before Christmas and everyone had such a great time. It is even better this year as the kids were able to participate. Caden of course had to help Ty because that is just they way it has to be : )

In the week that followed it was full of fun. Uncle Larry took Dave and Joe fishing twice while the girls all went shopping. Joe caught his first Bass and another fish which I have forgotten the name of but it was yummy! Caden got to go fishing in Uncle Larry's bait bucket which made U. Larry an all time favorite person. Ty pretended to eat the little shiners and Caden gave them kisses (we got it all in the pictures I am posting)

Christmas Eve was at the Krouts as always and was a very fun time for everyone the kids had a great time but were very tired by the end of it. Casey got to show off a little bit of her walking skills but she was extremely shy that night so didn't want to be the center of attention. Anna shined though as she usually does. She is such a star!

Christmas Morning was awesome. The kids had so much under the tree. Anna and Caden got Tricycles and Casey and Anna got kitchens so the play time was never ending. Casey loves to play cook and Caden just rides the tric all over the house though he still doesn't want to work the pedals correctly he finds them annoying. Anna had to pack up her toys because her daddy was driving home the next day and all the toys wouldn't fit on the plane when it was her turn to go home. She shared Casey and Caden's toys though which worked out as they got mostly matching gifts. Caden also got a fishing pole which Ty showed him how to use.

The rest of the time together was really nice we let the kids play in the sandbox, swim, and just run around and I got some great sister time with Heidi which was much needed. Oh Dad got Mom a Wii so of course Joe has throughly enjoyed that and went out and got Tiger Woods Golf for it and he has been a very happy boy.

My biggest present from my husband was that I thought he was going to work all two weeks that he had off at UPS to make extra money but that meant I wouldn't see him from 8 in the morning till 9 or so at night and I was a little upset about it. Well Joe called his boss and talked to him and his boss agreed that he needed to spend the time with his family and that there would be plenty of opportunites for him to make more hours another time. Joe didn't tell me he called though so when he hung up and came out of the room he told me he was off! He only had to work his normal shift at night! I was so excited and if I didn't get anything else for Christmas it would have been okay by me. My husband is the greatest!

So this was a very long post and I still know I didn't put all the fun stuff in there that we did but I will stop now. Enjoy the pictures. We actually didn't get as many as we usually do because everyone was so wrapped up in just enjoying eachother.

http://picasaweb.google.com/HaleyShumway/Christmas2008?feat=directlink

No comments: